Our engineers have being successfully exploiting the sidetracking technology in abandoned wells by means of casing’s window milling in production casing sizes from 5” to 6-5/8” and sidetracking from there with either directional or horizontal hole and its further casing and cementing. It is included the following steps:
- Isolating the production casing from below the place of proposed sidetrack;
- Casing window or section milling;
- Oriented side tracking;
- Drilling of directional or horizontal section with required horizontal displacement from the old hole;
- Running liners of 2-7/8” – to 4-1/2” and its cementing;
- Flow intake.
Sidetracking in abandoned/suspended wells with horizontal or subhorizontal sections
The following wells were successfully sidetracked with horizontal or directional sections from 5-1/2”, 5-3/4”, 6-5/8” 9-5/8” casings:
- ##96, 97 Yablunivska (2013)
- #468 Кrasnozayarska (2013)
- #13 Fontanivska (2012)
- #185 Nothern-Dolyna (2001)
- ##155,23,201,60,66 Каchanivska (2000-2005)
Sidetracking from abandoned/suspended wells
First in CIS on the Fontanivske field the window was milled and the sidetrack was performed from the 5-1/2” casing under HPHT conditions with mud weight 1.85 gr/sm3.